What Are Benefits Of Activity Log Feature In Zoho People?
Every day there are numerous actions performed in the Zoho People account. Thus, manually tracking changes can be a cumbersome task consuming hours of HR professionals. To automate these tasks, Zoho People develops the activity log feature. It also helps track and store information on the changes for up to six months.
The article includes the benefits of this feature as well as the explanation of the filter option.
Let’s get started!
The Benefits Of Activity Log
The activity log tracks changes in the following entities:
- Services and form customization
- Records – including adding, editing, mass update and such related actions
- Data Backup
- Mail Merge Template
- E-Sign – will list the configured e-sign
Once a configuration is created or when data is added or modified, it will be recorded along with the name of the employee who has performed the change.
For example, let’s say that an employee has added a new record in the leave form. This is how the log will read:
As a result, the log will accurately record the date, time of the action, the name of the employee who performed the action, and other details about the action.
The Special Option: Filters
The activity log comes with the option to filter the information that you want to view. You can filter by user, entity, actions under each entity, form name and duration.
Suppose you want to track the records related actions of a specific employee from December 2019 to January 2020. To filter this data range, you can follow the steps below:
- Find Settings > Click Data Administration > Select Activity Log.
- Then go to the Filter (funnel icon)
- Select the name of the employee under User
- Choose Records under Entity
- Select the specific actions under Action if required
- Finally, click Custom date range under Duration and enter the required dates